Installing The Theme
To install themes with the WordPress theme uploader:
- Download the theme.zip from the member area
- Login to wp-admin
- Go to Appearance > Themes
- Click on the "Install Themes" tab, then click on the "Upload" link
- Upload the theme.zip (note: it is the theme.zip, not theme-psd.zip) that you just downloaded from the member area
- Activate the theme
You can also install the theme with a FTP software, read this tutorial for more details.
If you are starting a new site (read Installing Themes tutorial if you haven't installed the theme yet) and would like to import the sample content as seen on the demo site, here are the steps:
- Go to Tools > Import (yoursite.com/wp-admin/import.php). Click WordPress. You may be asked to install the importer plugin. If so, install the plugin.
- Upload the sample content XML file included in the theme folder.
- You will be asked to map a user to the content and import the file attachments. Check "Download and import attachments" to import the gallery images from our demo site.
- Now you may edit or delete the content as you like.
Setting Up The Social Media Links
To set up the social media links:
- Go to Themify > Settings > Social Links tab
- The theme comes with some pre-filled social links. Simply enter your social profile URL in the Link input field. For example, enter 'http://twitter.com/themify' for the Twitter link.
- You can replace the default icons by clicking on the Upload button and uploading your own graphic icon. You may download more free social media icons at IconDock.
- To add more links, click on the Add Link button at the bottom.
- To remove link, click on the delete icon.
- To arrange the display order, drag and drop the link container
Displaying The Social Media Links
Once you have the Social Links setup, go to WP > Appearance > Widgets, drop the Themify - Social Links from the Available Widgets panel to the Social Widget panel. Optional: enter the widget Title such as "Follow Us", check to "Show link name" and icon size.
Hiding the RSS Icon
To disabling the RSS or social media icons: go to Themify > Settings > Theme Settings (under Exclude RSS link section).
To create a custom navigation menu:
- Go to Appearance > Menu
- Click on the plus (+) sign to create a new menu (eg. Main Menu).
- Add the menu items from the left panels (Custom Links, Pages, or Categories)
- To create dropdown menu, drag the menu item toward the right (the item(s) will be indented)
- When you are done adding the menu items, click "Save Menu"
- Then on the top right panel where it says "Theme Locations", select the menu from the dropdown to assign it to the navigation location and click "Save"
Read Custom Menus for more detailed tutorial.
To display a logo image instead of text:
- Go to Themify panel > Styling > Site Logo
- Under "Site Logo", select "Image" radio button
- Upload a logo image
- Specify the image width and height
Read Customizing the Site Logo and Description (Tagline) for more details.
To enable the slider:
- Go to Themify > Settings > Theme Settings
- Check "Enable" under the Slider option
- You may display either WordPress Posts or custom upload images in the slider:
- To display Posts, select a category in the dropdown menu
- To display custom upload images, select the "Images" radio button and then upload the images
To display a welcome message on the homepage, go to Themify panel > Settings > Theme Settings, enter the text in the Welcome Text box. The content can be plain text or HTML code.
Inserting Gallery to Posts or Pages
The gallery can be inserted in any post or page. To insert a gallery, click on "Add Media" button
It will open a lightbox for you to create and insert gallery. Read this tutorial for more details on how to use WordPress Gallery.
To link the featured image with a lightbox popup such as image zoom, video or an iframe window, enter the URL in the Lightbox Link field under the Themify Custom Panel. The Themify Custom Panel can be found in the post edit page.
- Sample image: http://themify.me/demo/themes/pinboard/files/2012/06/133618178.jpg
- Sample video: http://youtu.be/Abjx1JJO1i8
- Sample iframe: http://themify.me?iframe=true&width=100%&height=100%
To display a video embed instead of a featured image, enter the video embed URL in the Video URL field under the Themify Custom Panel.
- Sample YouTube: http://youtu.be/Abjx1JJO1i8
- Sample Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/6284199
To enable the post sorting:
- Create a Page
- Under the Themify Custom Panel, select Query Categories dropdown to All Categories (or any category that has sub categories)
- Select Allow Sorting dropdown to Yes.
Custom Front Page
Our demo homepage is a Page created with Query Categories. To achieve the same result:
- Create a Page (eg. Custom Home)
- Under the Themify Custom Panel, select Query Categories dropdown to All Categories
- Select Allow Sorting dropdown to Yes
- Publish the page
- Then go to wp-admin > Settings > Reading and select the custom home page as the front page display (read Custom Front Page detailed tutorial)
To set the Footer Widget column layout, go to Themify > Settings > Theme Settings. To drop the widgets in the Footer_Widgets, go to wp-admin > Appearance > Widgets.
To replace the default footer text, go to Themify > Settings > Theme Settings (under Footer Text section).
This theme incorporated some CSS tricks to make the video embeds responsive. If you are embedding the video using WP embeds, then it will add a <p class='post-video'> wrap automatically to make the video responsive. The .post-video class in the stylesheet will make the video fullwidth and elastic automatically.
If you are embedding manually, please add that <p class='post-video'> in the HTML code. Example:
<p class='post-video'> [iframe embed code] <p>
If you want to restrict the video to certain size, add width style in the wrapper:
<p class='post-video' style='max-width: 500px'> [iframe embed code] <p>