To create a custom menu:
- Go to Appearance > Menu
- Click on the plus (+) sign to create a new menu (eg. Main Menu).
- Add the menu items from the left panels (Custom Links, Pages, or Categories)
- To create dropdown sub-menu, drag the menu item toward the right (the item(s) will be indented)
- When you are done adding the menu items, click "Save Menu"
- Then on the top right panel where it says "Theme Locations", select the menu from the dropdown to assign it to the navigation location and click "Save"
- Tips: the custom menu can also be used with the widget (go to Appearance > Widgets and drop in the Custom Menu widget)
Custom Link Buttons
The "Custom Links" panel allows you to add menu link to external URL. For example you can create a link to Themify by entering:
- URL = http://themify.me
- Label = Themify
- Label = Link Text
Removing the Default Main Navigation
To remove the default main navigation:
- Create a new menu (eg. Blank Menu)
- Do not add any link in the Blank Menu (ie. leave it empty)
- Save the menu and assign it as the Main Navigation in the Theme Locations panel
Custom Menu Widget
To display custom menus in sidebar widgets:
- First create the menu
- Then go to Appearance > Widgets, drop in a Custom Menu widget to the widget panel
- Select the menu and save the widget panel