BG Video Slider
Installing Builder Addons
Installing Builder Addons is exactly the same as installing WordPress plugins.
To install the addon:
- Firstly, download the addon zip file from the link provided in your Themify Member Area.
- NOTE: some browsers (eg. Safari) auto extract zip files automatically. Right-click on the download link and select "Save Linked File As" and it will allow you to download as a zip file.
- Login to your site's admin area.
- Navigate to WP Admin > Plugins > Add New.
- Now, click the "Upload Plugin" link.
- Select "Browse" and navigate to the plugin zip file which you downloaded in the first step and then select the "Install Now" button.
- This will initiate the plugin installation process, and once finished, you can then activate the plugin.
Importing the addon demo layout
Each addon zip file contains a sample Builder data file which you can import to your site. It helps you to understand how the addon demo is created.
To import the addon demo data:
- First, extract addon zip file to your local computer
- You should have a folder of the addon. Inside there is a folder named "sample", and inside that folder there is a Builder data file in a zip format (eg. "addon_name_sample-builder-layout.zip").
- To import the Builder layout, login to admin and then go to the page frontend where you want to import the Builder layout. From the top admin bar > select Themify Builder > Import / Export > Import, upload the sample zip file.
Using the BG Video Slider Addon
Note: For Safari browsers, video URLs from WP multisite path doesn't play. To avoid this insert the direct video URL
Unlike many of the other Builder addons the BG Video slider doesn't have it's own module. Instead, once this addon is activated, it'll be automatically be built into every row on your site. It'll appear as an additional feature for your row background. Check out the screenshot image below to see how it'll look like.
- Auto play - Choose to either automatically play your video slider each time user loads your site
- Video progress bar - Show or hide the progress bar of each video
- Video controls - Show or hide the video controls. This appears at the bottom right corner of the row
- Video mute - Mute any audio that comes with the video
- Each video has 2 options:
- Fallback image - This is used when your site is in mobile view. Since video background isn't supported in mobile view the fallback image will appear instead of the video