Event Post Documentation
Installing the Plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the free plugin zip from our Plugins page.
- Note: Some browsers (e.g. Safari) may auto-extract ZIP files. Right-clicking on the download link and selecting "Save Linked File As" will allow you to download the ZIP version.
- Then go to your WP Admin > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin
- Now upload the plugin zip file and click "Install Now".
- After the plugin is installed, click "Activate Plugin" to activate the plugin.
FYI: If you can't install the plugin using WordPress plugin installer, you may also use a FTP software to install the plugin. To install plugins with an FTP method: extract the plugin zip on your local computer then upload the plugin folder to your FTP server where you installed WordPress > wp-content > plugins folder. After, login to your WP Admin > Plugins to activate the plugin.
Developed by Themify, Event Post is a plugin allows users to create an event specific post type.
Using the Event Post
Once you activate the plugin, you will see, a "Events" on the WP-admin sidebar. Follow the steps below to add an event post
Step 1: Add New Event Post
- To add an Event post, go to your WP Admin > Events > Click on "Add New"
- Enter the following options:
- Post Title - Event title
- Description - Will be used as the event description
- On the Themify Custom Panel (scroll down to view), enter the following:
- Event Starts/Ends On/Repeat - Use the calendar picker to select a start and end date. You can also set when you'd like the event to repeat daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Location - Input the map label that'll appear on the event post. This will appear beside the calendar icon as plain text.
- Map Address - Input the address that'll be inputed on the Google map that'll appear on the Event post. This map will appear below the featured image.
- Button Ticket Link - Input the link that the user will be redirected to (ie. link to ticket master).
Step 2: To Display Event Posts
- Add or edit an existing page
- On the text editor, click on the Event Post shortcode generator (the calendar icon in the image above)
- Input the parameters (read shortcode parameters for mode detail) on the popup lightbox to generate the shortcode. Once you click OK, it will generate a shortcode in the editor (TIPS: You can copy & paste the shortcode to display elsewhere like a sidebar Text widget).
- Layout Style [style]: Post list, Grid4, Grid3, Grid2, Grid2 thumb
- Show [show]: Upcoming Events, Past Events, Mix of both
- Number of Posts to Query [limit]: Set the limit of number of posts that'll appear (Default is 5).
- Categories to include [Category]: Enter the category ID numbers.
- Post Order [order]: Set either the ascending or descending order.
- Sort Post By [orderby]: Set the order by Event Date, Date, Title, Random, Author, or Comment number.
- Show Featured Image [image]: Show or hide the featured image.
- Display [display]: Select to show content, excerpt, or none.
- Image Width [image_w]: Input custom image width in pixel.
- Image Height [image_h]: Input custom image height in pixel.
- Hide Event Date [hide_event_date]: Select to show or hide the event date.
- Hide Event Location [hide_event_location]: Select to show or hide the event location.
- Hide Pagination Links [hide_event_pagination]: Select to show or hide the pagination links.
If the auto plugin update does not work, you may reinstall the Themify plugin by following the steps below. Reinstalling the plugin shouldn't affect the content/data because they are saved separately in the database. To be safe, you should backup your WordPress content (posts, pages, menus, etc.) before reinstalling it. To backup your WordPress content, go to WP Admin > Tools > Export and export all contents to a zip file. You may use WP Admin > Tools > Import to import these contents in the future if necessary.
- Download the latest plugin zip.
- Login to your site WP Admin.
- Go to Plugins (where WordPress lists all the plugins on your site).
- Deactivate the Themify plugin (plugin can not be deleted if it is active).
- Now click on the "Delete" button to remove the Themify plugin (the "Delete" link is located under the Themify plugin name).
- Remain on the Plugins page, click on the "Add new" button (located at the top of the page), click on the "Upload Plugin" link, upload the latest themify-[plugin-name].zip, and activate it (basically the same procedure as you would install a new plugin).