Store Locator Documentation
Installing the Plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the free plugin zip from our Plugins page.
- Note: Some browsers (e.g. Safari) may auto-extract ZIP files. Right-clicking on the download link and selecting "Save Linked File As" will allow you to download the ZIP version.
- Then go to your WP Admin > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin
- Now upload the plugin zip file and click "Install Now".
- After the plugin is installed, click "Activate Plugin" to activate the plugin.
FYI: If you can't install the plugin using WordPress plugin installer, you may also use a FTP software to install the plugin. To install plugins with an FTP method: extract the plugin zip on your local computer then upload the plugin folder to your FTP server where you installed WordPress > wp-content > plugins folder. After, login to your WP Admin > Plugins to activate the plugin.
Developed by Themify, Store Locator is a simple plugin that allows you to display an unlimited number of locations on a map, list, or grid view.
Using the Store Locator
Once you activate the plugin, you will see, a "Store Location" on the WP-admin sidebar. Follow the steps below to add your store locations on any page/post. (NOTE: you need at least one location in order to display the location/map):
Step 1: Add New Locations
- To add a location, go to your WP Admin > Store Locations > Click on "Add New"
- Enter the following options:
- Post Title - Store location title
- Content Editor - Will be used as the location description
- On the Themify Custom Panel (scroll down to view), enter the following:
- Store Address - Location address
- Contact Info - Custom label and number of store location (ie. for phone, fax, mobile numbers)
- Business Hours - Input days of operation with open and closing times
Step 2: To Display Locations
- Add or edit an existing page
- On the text editor, click on the Store Locator shortcode generator (the location icon in the red box above), and select how you would like to show your locations:
- "Store Map" - To show a map with all your locations as map with map markers
- "Store List" - To show your locations in a list form
- Input the parameters (read shortcode parameters for mode detail) on the popup lightbox to generate the shortcode. Once you click OK, it will generate a shortcode in the editor (TIPS: You can copy & paste the shortcode to display elsewhere like a sidebar Text widget).
Map View [tsl_map]:
- Width [width] - Input the width of the map in px or %
- Height [height] - Input the height of the map in px or %
- Controls [map_controls] - This allows you to enable or disable the map controls that appear on the left side of the map
- Scrollwheel [scrollwheel] - Enable or disable the ability for users to zoom in and out of your map by scrolling either up or down
- Mobile Draggable [mobile_draggable] - Enable or disable the ability for users to drag your map on mobile
Store List [tsl_stores]:
- Posts per page [post_per_page] - Input # of posts that will appear on the list
- List layout [layout] - Select list layout: Fullwidth, Grid 4, 3, 2
- Contact [contact] - Show or hide contact field
- Hours [hours] - Show or hide hours field
- Description [description] - Show or hide description field
- Feature Image [feature_image] - Show or hide featured image of each post
- Unlink Title [unlink_title] - Link or unlink the post title to single post
- Pagination [pagination] - Show or hide pagination
[tsl_map] or [tsl_stores]
[tsl_map width="100%" height="500px" map_controls="yes" scrollwheel="no" mobile_draggable="no"]
[tsl_stores posts_per_page="3" layout="fullwidth" hours="yes" feature_image="yes" unlink_title="no"]
If the auto plugin update does not work, you may reinstall the Themify plugin by following the steps below. Reinstalling the plugin shouldn't affect the content/data because they are saved separately in the database. To be safe, you should backup your WordPress content (posts, pages, menus, etc.) before reinstalling it. To backup your WordPress content, go to WP Admin > Tools > Export and export all contents to a zip file. You may use WP Admin > Tools > Import to import these contents in the future if necessary.
- Download the latest plugin zip.
- Login to your site WP Admin.
- Go to Plugins (where WordPress lists all the plugins on your site).
- Deactivate the Themify plugin (plugin can not be deleted if it is active).
- Now click on the "Delete" button to remove the Themify plugin (the "Delete" link is located under the Themify plugin name).
- Remain on the Plugins page, click on the "Add new" button (located at the top of the page), click on the "Upload Plugin" link, upload the latest themify-[plugin-name].zip, and activate it (basically the same procedure as you would install a new plugin).