WC Product Filter Documentation
Installing the Plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the free plugin zip from our Plugins page.
- Note: Some browsers (e.g. Safari) may auto-extract ZIP files. Right-clicking on the download link and selecting "Save Linked File As" will allow you to download the ZIP version.
- Then go to your WP Admin > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin
- Now upload the plugin zip file and click "Install Now".
- After the plugin is installed, click "Activate Plugin" to activate the plugin.
FYI: If you can't install the plugin using WordPress plugin installer, you may also use a FTP software to install the plugin. To install plugins with an FTP method: extract the plugin zip on your local computer then upload the plugin folder to your FTP server where you installed WordPress > wp-content > plugins folder. After, login to your WP Admin > Plugins to activate the plugin.
Before starting please make sure that you have the following requirements on your site:
- WooCommerce Plugin - Installed and activated.
- A few products with category, tags, price, and/or attributes.
Using the WC Product Filter plugin
With the WC Product Filter plugin you can help shoppers easily find products faster on your WooCommerce shop. As soon as you activate this plugin you'll see a "Product Filters" option appear on your dashboard where you can create your filter templates. All filter options will be linked with the product category, tags, attributes, price, and stock that you've set. After creating the filter template you can then copy and paste the shortcode and place it on any text editor or widget on your site. Below using this plugin make sure to check the requirements above:
1. Create a New Product Filter
To start, add a new product filter. Go to your WP Admin > Product Filters > Click Add New. A lightbox will then appear where you can set the parameters of your product filters.
You'll see the following options:
- Form Title: Input the title of the product filter form.
- Layout: There are 2 layouts - Vertical and Horizontal (Note: We recommend the vertical for sidebar layouts).
- Empty Fields: Option to hide a field if it's empty.
- Product Sorting: Show or hide the ability to sort the products. This is a dropdown selection that'll appear on the upper right corner.
- Product Count: Show or hide result product count.
- Pagination: Show or hide the pagination of your products.
- Product Per Page: Maximum number of products that'll appear on a search result.
- Toggle Field Groups: Add an option for users to toggle whether to collapse or expand a filter option panel.
- Scroll To Result: Select to scroll to the result field.
- Result Page Template:
- Show results on the same page: means the product results will display on the same page without page reload.
- Show results on a different page: allows you to select any static Page to display the product results (the product results will display below the page content).
Now you can drag and drop the modules on your template builder. Where you place the modules in the Builder will be how it'll appear on your site.
- On-Sale: Show products that are on-sale
- In Stock: Show products that are in-stock
- Price: Display a price slider
- Product Attributes (eg. Color, Size):
- Field Title: The label name that'll appear above the filter option.
- Product Count: Show or hide the number of products in the category.
- Display as: Select to show the options as (1) Links or (2) Checkbox
- Order: Set the order of how you would like the items to appear.
- Layout: Choose to show the options in (1) Horizonal, (2) Vertical, and (3) Columns.
- Color Icons: Choose to display categories as color icons.
- Select the background and text color.
- Choose to input an optional icon text.
- NOTE: These attribute modules would only appear if your WooCommerce products have attributes such as sizes, colors, etc.
- Tags: Display the product tags
- The options in Tag module are similar to the product attributes.
- Category: Display the product categories
- The options in Category module are similar to the product attributes.
- Category Hierachy: Show or hide the category hierachy.
- Submit Button: When added to your form, it'll disable the live search results. Instead it will show the search results based on what you've selected on the "Result Page Template" option.
After setting the parameter make sure to click "SAVE" found at the bottom right corner of the window.
2. Input Shortcode on any Text Editor
After setting up your product filter form. Copy the shortcode and paste it on any text editor.
How to Display Widget Sidebar Filter
To display the WC Product Filter on a sidebar, please go to your WP Admin > Appearance > Widgets. Expand the sidebar dropdown option then drag and drop a text widget. On the text widget copy and paste the filter shortcode. This will then show it on all pages and posts where you have the sidebar available.
If the auto plugin update does not work, you may reinstall the Themify plugin by following the steps below. Reinstalling the plugin shouldn't affect the content/data because they are saved separately in the database. To be safe, you should backup your WordPress content (posts, pages, menus, etc.) before reinstalling it. To backup your WordPress content, go to WP Admin > Tools > Export and export all contents to a zip file. You may use WP Admin > Tools > Import to import these contents in the future if necessary.
- Download the latest plugin zip.
- Login to your site WP Admin.
- Go to Plugins (where WordPress lists all the plugins on your site).
- Deactivate the Themify plugin (plugin can not be deleted if it is active).
- Now click on the "Delete" button to remove the Themify plugin (the "Delete" link is located under the Themify plugin name).
- Remain on the Plugins page, click on the "Add new" button (located at the top of the page), click on the "Upload Plugin" link, upload the latest themify-[plugin-name].zip, and activate it (basically the same procedure as you would install a new plugin).