09 Feb 2018
Update: February 12, 2018
Ready....Get set....This is an early notice that we're deploying a new framework update on Monday (February 12, 2018). We're packing the new framework together with a theme update so you won't have to update it separately, just update the theme once and it'll come built in with the latest framework with all the good stuff. So take time this weekend to get ready for this update.
This update contains many enhancements and bug fixes. The major noticeable improvement is the quick edit feature. What it does is allow you to jump edit between modules and rows. In the previous version, you would have to either save or close the module option lightbox before editing another. Now you don't need to do this any more. It will definitely save you a lot of time.
Things To Prepare for the Update:
Below are some FYI stuff that's good to know, and best practices that we recommend you do before updating:
- After updating the theme/framework, make sure to clear any cache plugins that you may have.
- Backup your site. We highly recommend periodically doing this, especially when updating anything on your site. If you haven't done this yet, check out our documentation that outlines how to fully backup your site.
- After the framework update, also update all your Builder Addons.
- Please update all Builder Addons to the latest version. Outdated addons sometimes cause issues as they're not compatibile with the latest framework version.
- Encounter an issue? Roll back right away.
- No matter how hard we try, we know there's nothing perfect in this world. Which is why we created the perfect time machine to roll back your theme version if you encounter any issue. Simply go to your WP Admin > Themify Settings > Click on the "Update" tab and you'll see a dropdown option where you can select the previous version before the latest. Select a previous version and click "Reinstall Theme". This will reinstall the previous version of the theme.
- Contact us with your site URL and outline the issues you're encountering and we'll fix it right away.
- Can't update with your login credentials?
- It's not us, it might be you. If you can't update to the latest theme version your membership could be expired. Or you may have downloaded the theme/plugin not directly from us. Send us an email through our contact page with your Themify username or info about where you downloaded the theme from, and our friendly team member will help you get that sorted out.
Finished reading everything? Good! So on Monday your ready to GO!