23 Feb 2018
We are very excited to pre-announce the latest Post Type Builder (PTB) rebuild release! The release is scheduled on February 27, 2018 (Tuesday). There's going to be a lot of changes with the upcoming release. Not to worry though, the main changes are on the back bone engine. This means that you won't see any noticeable changes on the frontend or backend interface. One of the primary reason of this rebuild is to provide better compatibility when using PTB with third-party themes and plugins. Now the PTB Template engine is more stable and works great with most WordPress themes (we've tested it with many third-party themes). Aside from this update, we've also made some significant improvements with the overall plugin! Take advantage of this huge upgrade by updating your PTB plugin on February 26, 2018.
Things To Prepare for the Update:
Below are some FYI stuff that's good to know, and best practices that we recommend you do before updating:
- Backup your site. We highly recommend doing this periodically, especially when updating anything on your site. If you haven't done this yet, check out our documentation that outlines how to fully backup your site.
- First update PTB plugin and then update all PTB addons that you have. All PTB addons must be updated to work with the latest version.
- After updating the PTB plugin updates, make sure to clear any cache plugins that you may have.
- Encounter an issue? You can roll it back to the previous versions. The previous version can be downloaded by accessing the file link manually: themify-ptb-1.4.1.zip (you need to login to Member Area with an active PTB membership to access this link).
- If you need help, Contact us with your site URL and outline the issues you're encountering and we'll fix it right away.
- Can't update with your login credentials?
- If you can't update to the latest theme version your membership could be expired. Send us an email through our contact page with your Themify username.