20 Jul 2018
Perhaps by now you’ve heard about our greatly anticipated Builder update, Builder V4? Or perhaps some of you have already tested out and played with the new features using our V4 Beta Version.
Well we are pleased to report that we’ve had some amazing feedback and such glowing responses to the new update! With that said, our biggest update to our Builder is ready to be released very soon.
Here are a few things you need to know about Builder V4 before updating your theme!
- Update Builder Addons: If you're using any Builder Addons on your site, make sure to update them after you upgrade your theme to the latest framework version. Note: The latest framework update will not work with any old versions of the Builder Addons.
- Auto Builder Updates: All Themify themes come built-in with the Themify Builder, so updating the theme will also update the Builder.
- Back Up: Before updating anything, we always recommend that you backup your site! If you haven't done so yet, you can follow our documentation here to do this.
- Builder V4 Beta Version: It’s not too late to test the beta version out! We’d love for you to try it out before our big release! (See below to test the Beta!)
- We've done a lot of testing with the Builder but of course, nothings perfect. If you encounter any difficulty with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to us by emailing us directly at [email protected]
Beta Version Available
UPDATE: A stable beta version is available for testing. Please follow the instruction below to install the beta version:
- Download & install the Themify Beta theme. WARNING: Please DO NOT install the beta version on your live site (install it a test site). If you have previously installed it, just go to the Themify panel to auto update it (or go to Themify > Updates, click "Reinstall Theme")
- Then go to Themify > Settings > Theme Settings -> Script Minification, disable minification and minified files: (screenshot)
- Now have fun with the new beta version!
- Again, if you have any concerns or comments, please let us know at our email: [email protected]!