23 Mar 2020
We are very happy to receive the positive feedback from the Mission Pagespeed we announced two weeks ago. Today we are releasing the Beta version of the Pagespeed framework. As stated in our previous post, our goal is to make all Themify themes to score A+ on Google Pagespeed Insights. Since Ultra is our flagship theme, we are using it as the base for the Beta version. We've been testing it on many different demo sites. All of them return 90+ Google Pagespeed score including sites with WooCommerce. Here is your opportunity to try the Beta and let us know your Pagespeed score.
How to install the Beta version:
- Download the themify-beta.zip (save it as a zip file)
- Login to your site WP-admin > Appearance > Themes, click "Add new", upload the themify-beta.zip and then activate it
- Deactivate all Builder addons if you have any
- IMPORTANT: Go to Themify > Settings > Theme Settings -> Performance & Minified Scripts, check the "Disable minified scripts" and "Enable Webp convert" option. The minified scripts need to be disabled as it is not final yet.
WARNING: Please do not use the Beta version on your live site as it is not finalized yet. We recommend that you use it on a test/staging site only. The Beta version requires the new versions of all the Builder addons which we haven't released yet. If you have the old addons activated, please disable them. The new version also doesn't work with the old child themes. If you have customized any custom PHP templates in child theme, please deactivate the child theme. The child theme templates need to be re-coded on the final release.
How to check Google Pagespeed on your site:
- After you have the Beta version installed and have some pages created with the Builder
- Go to Google's PageSpeed Insights, enter your site URL and click "Analyze"
- It will give you the pagespeed report, the higher the score the better
Bug Report & Feedback
If you encounter any issues or bugs, feel free to contact us or comment on this blog post below. This update was possible with the help of all of our hardworking developers, as well as all of you! Because of your continued support, we have been able to keep making Themify better and better. Thank you!