10 Oct 2018
If you're a Themify user, chances are you currently have more than one theme or plugin. And if you're a developer using Themify, we know how y'all like to collect and stockpile your favourite Themify goods. Well today we're here to announce the end of your updating suffering.
With our new plugin, Themify Updater, you can now select to auto update all of your Themify themes and plugins at once using a license key. This is especially useful for developers who provide a web maintenance service for their clients. Previously, a Themify username and password was required. Clients can now auto update themes and plugins using their developer's username and license key, and without jeopardizing the developer's password.
Follow our brief tutorial to get you on your way!
How To Install & Use The Themify Updater Plugin
- Install the Themify Updater plugin (refer to documentation for more info)
- Login to Member Area > License, copy your license key (if you have an active membership, but don't see your license key, please contact us)
- Go back to your WP-admin > Dashboard > Themify License, enter your username and paste in your license key into the inputs provided
- Now you can auto update themes and plugins in the following ways:
- WP-admin > Appearance > Themes = update themes one by one
- WP-admin > Plugins = update plugins one by one
- WP-admin > Dashboard > Updates = update all themes and plugins at once
- It also works with WordPress site management tools such as ManageWP
- NOTE: If you are using WordPress multisite, Themify Updater plugin should be activated in the main site and the license key should be entered in the main site (do not network activate it).