31 May 2018
You asked and you shall receive! We heard all your requests for us to create a detailed guide on how to use/setup the Post Type Builder plugin. And now here it is! Introducing our latest video tutorial that breaks down everything you need to know on how to create your own custom post types. Stop hacking the default WordPress post type to fake custom post types. Now whether you're looking to create a custom post to showcase your properties, affiliate products, projects, or portfolio, you can now build it yourself with PTB using any WordPress theme you'd like! Check out our recent post showcasing what other people are doing with the Post Type Builder plugin!
We've made the video really simple and easy to follow by breaking it down into 4 different stages:
- Planning - Breaks down what we need to know before we even start.
- Creating - Covers how to create a custom post type. This part discusses some frequently asked questions, such as:
- What are taxonomies?
- How to add fields?
- How to create a gallery, progress bar, or video slider?
- Template - Talks about how to build what the post will look like on the frontend. Both archive and single post layout.
- Adding a New Post - We go through how to add a single post and how to query it on any page on your site.
The above stages are outlined to make sure that you can easily follow and understand how to use Post Type Builder. In addition to this, we also shows how the PTB Extra Field addon works. This is a must-watch video for anyone looking to build their own custom post types.