Please be advised that the Themify Member Area underwent a system update. Not to worry, everything in the Member Area and Affiliate System works the same.
The only changes are the following:
Support Forum The forum has been replaced with a new platform. Please start posting threads on the new forum, it still uses the same URL: http://themify.me/forum. For reference purpose, we've kept the old forum accessible at http://themify.me/forum-old.
IMPORTANT: Framework Update Framework 2.0.5 update is required in order to perform auto theme updates. Please update your framework. The framework update is free and can be found in the Themify panel (the number located at the bottom left corner of the Themify panel is your current framework version). For more information on theme update, please refer to this documentation: http://themify.me/docs/upgrading.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Inspired by the Metro design in Windows 8, we are very excited to introduce the Tiles addon. Both front and back tile are customizable with options to display text, icons, maps, buttons, or galleries. It also includes 10 flip effects with the option to set an auto flip timer. It is by far one of our most powerful and versatile Builder Addons. With the Builder frontend live preview mode, the tiles can easily be arranged by dragging & dropping it anywhere on the page. View the demo page to see some sample usages of the Tiles addon. We've also created a demo video where we showcase the Tiles addon in action, and also highlight some it's amazing features.
Adding a new Builder Addon to our line-up, we're excited to introduce the Pointers. This module, without the need for either codes or Photoshop, enables users to draw attention on your image by placing a round, glowing tooltip, accompanied by an animated text box. It's a great way to emphasize certain parts of an image, create further engagement with your advertisements, or to simply relay a message. It's built with a feature that allows you to insert a text box, with the option of letting it appear as the cursor hovers over the image or let it appear permanently on the picture. The tooltip can easily be customized and placed anywhere on your image. While the text box gives you the ability to add an external link, as well as, the ability to customize text and text box colour. In addition to these features, there is also an option where you can choose which direction the tooltip will popout, allowing you to make sure that the textbox won't overlap certain parts of the image or other pointers. The backend options also gives you the ability to adjust the image height and width, and finally we've added a styling panel where you can adjust the padding and margin, add borders and animation, and change background colour.
Check out the demo page to see the pointer module in action!
We love sharing and featuring sites that use our WordPress themes. Seeing how each site is creatively designed and transformed really motivates us to design and create more. And in honor of those sites which have used our Themify themes, we share to you our top 10 favourites of 2014.
1. Blooming by the Bay Blooming by the Bay is one of Themify's first few original showcase sites. Their site really exemplifies simplicity, elegance, and character. Using the Elemin as their base theme, they created a personal blog, which is built to show the stories of Dan, Misono, and their lovely children. Dan and Misono used soft colour schemes and easy sidebar navigation that enables them to highlight their favourite moments, from month-by-month gallery pictures of their newborn, to birth stories, post stories, and social links. Their site captured the hearts of their audience not only through adorable pictures of their children, coupled with captivating designs, but also through the amazing site layout, allowing visitors to easily get updates and stay in-touch with them.
2. Sculptor Sam Spiczka Number two goes to the sculptor Sam Spiczka. Designed using our Tisa theme, this site's homepage slider just captivates and captures your attention, drawing you to browse further. Its portfolio post layout, gallery photos, and custom font styles enable site visitors to easily navigate and see Sam's work.
3. Dean Sauls This is a cool resumé-style website, also designed using our Tisa theme. The site was built to showcase himself, with his focus on marketing his skills and expertise to get clients. His homepage is creatively designed with a slider at the top of the page, to act as a banner, explaining the site's purpose with clever use of texts and images. As you continue to scroll-down, you'll find a list of skills he specializes in, the works he's done, as well as, his personal biography.
4. YANAGIDA Label This has got to be one of the coolest header design that we've seen that use our Parallax theme. With its fascinating background image, logos, and red & white designed social links, YANAGIDA creates a really cool look as soon as you open their site. But don't let the header design confuse you. As you scroll further down their main page with its smooth parallax scrolling effect, they've designed a simple and clean layout that effectively showcases their services, with galleries of pictures, short blurbs, their blog, as well as, a contact section all located in their homepage.
5. Heiko Kanzler This Porsche driving, Mac-Addict consultant creates this amazing personal blog site using our Pinterest inspired, Pinboard theme. With the auto stacking layout with infinite scrolling Heiko is able to highlight his blog posts with excerpts of text, images, and even comments on posts.
6. Players Travel This site makes us really want to go on a vacation. Based on our Agency theme, they creatively designed their homepage layout to showcase various services and events that they offer with eye-catching images and text, with credible testimonials at the bottom of the page, to increase the credibility of their services.
7. The Analytics Journey Using Themify's Metro theme, this site is straight to the point, and captivating at the same time. Perfectly laid out using the hover flip animation tile feature, which when pressed, a light box appears, revealing the content of each tile. There is great attention-to-detail and amazing concept, enabling them to easily relay their message to the users.
8. HUF Magazine Designed using our Responz theme, this fashion magazine brings their edgy content out of their magazine into their website, showcasing their editorials through top sliders. All front-page content is shown in a 4-column layout with minimal design. Their monthly updates focus on exhibiting their latest content, photo shoot updates, as well as, advertising campaigns at the home page.
9. Juan Millán Bruno Juan takes our Parallax theme and creates one of the best designer sites we've seen. With Its simplicity and ease of navigation, more visitors are reeled in. The simple design, however, is perfectly complemented with its smooth parallax scrolling, beautifully designed fly-in animation content and artistic mini-photo sliders.
10. Sweet Cake Syndrome We saved the sweetest site for last. The Sweet Cake Syndrome site, based on our Parallax theme site really brought out our sweet tooth. With its mouth watering pictures at the heading slider and all throughout the site, you are definitely drawn in to try out everything they make. The parallax scrolling is like giving you a sneak peak before showing you the entire image as you scroll down. With it's neatly and clearly laid out content the Sweet Cake Syndrome take our top 10 spot.
Would you like Themify to feature your site?
This wraps up our top 10 sites for 2014. We know we missed a lot of other great sites out there that uses our Themify themes. Please let us know and contact us. We'd love to feature your site next time and also place it on our showcase page.
Even before Ghosts, Goblins, and Monsters would come knocking at your door for some treats we, at Themify, intent to beat you on it, leaving you spooked out in excitement. For 2 days we're giving 20% OFF all purchases from October 31 - November 1. Simply enter the coupon code: HALLOWEEN and take advantage of this awesome sale.
For our fourth Customer Stories series we chose to cover an Italian web designer, Davide Furlotti. He shares how he was able to use Themify to design many great WordPress sites to further expand his freelance business. Through Themify's wide range of themes, Davide was also able to broaden its scope of clients, catering to various business types, such as mobile apps, auto mechanic, restaurants, and many others. He has successfully utilized Themify to fully captivate and engage online visitors, capturing their attention every time they visit his sites.
Hello. My name is Davide, an Italian freelancer. I’ve been doing web design for more than six years, but generally, under communication and color plus for fifteen years. The main idea of my business is creating dynamic logos and websites, and this is primarily because of my love for content marketing and optimizing landing pages. Now, with the experience that I've acquired over the years, I'm looking into expanding my skills and start to promote products made entirely by myself.
HTML to WordPress
Prior to WordPress, I had a HTML/CSS with an advanced layout editor, and my approach then when creating websites would consist of anything that would outline a “classic” framework. When I discovered WordPress, it was still version 2.7 and not as advanced as the current version 4.0 hence, I had different framework ideas. Regardless of the simply adequate results that I had obtained, I continued using WordPress as my main tool.
Game-changer - Discovery of Themify
As I was browsing for alternatives, I came across Themify.me. When I found out that another large company that sells WordPress themes had done an Adwords campaign "against" Themify, I was prompted to learn more. After viewing the themes, I bought my first two, and began to follow the support forum. I noticed that over time the issues that rose in the forum were quickly answered, fixed, and developed to become new features.
This showed me Themify’s growing value and methodology, and it was evident that the needs of their customers were taken into account. In a short span of time, they have made palpable improvements! It’s impressive and easy-to-manage framework, and customizable CSS box grant website builders to become more creative without such concern of intricacy!
My Business Now with Themify
Several years have passed since I first learned about Themify, but it still remains professionally accommodating. It offers comprehensive tools that are constantly improving. And ultimately allows me to competently create custom work models, that can be improved in a quality that I can guarantee my customers.
Here's a rundown of web projects (grouped by theme) that I have personally taken care of in a different way using the framework of Themify:
Project: Che Viaggi Base Theme:Parallax Services: Site, WP, Development, Web Design, AdWords
Project: Vetrocar Base Theme:Parallax Services: Site, WP, Development, Landing Page
Project: BitterAPP Base Theme:Parallax Services: Site, Logo, WP, Development
Project: MP Auto & Moto Base Theme:Agency Services: Site, WP, Development
Project: Ducale Base Theme:Magazine Services: Site, WP, Development, Web Design
Project: Cibus Base Theme:Magazine Services: Site, WP, Development, Web Design
To sum it all up, Themify has allowed me to make my business run better by offering comprehensive tools that are optimized with constant improvement.
- Davide Furlotti @ifurlo
Share Your Story Now
How have you used Themify for your site? Whether it's for your business site, personal blog, or to showcase your portfolio, we'd love to hear your story and share it with other people! Please contact us.